The Pittsburgh Pirates (17-25) host the Colorado Rockies (20-22) Wednesday to close out a three-sport series. The Pirates are preferred (-one hundred thirty) to win the rubber in shape, which begins at 12:35 PM ET from PNC Park. Pittsburgh’s Zach Thompson receives the start, and he’ll pass against Colorado’s Ryan Feltner.Pirates vs. Rockies Spread and Betting LinePirates vs Rockies Betting InformationFavoriteFavorite MoneylineUnderdog MoneylineTotalOver Total OddsUnder Total OddsSpreadFavorite Spread OddsUnderdog Spread OddsPirates-one hundred thirty+1127.five+102-122-1.five+a hundred and seventy-214Computer Predictions for Pirates vs. Rockies
Our laptop pick out: Colorado Rockies (+112) and Over (7.five)Pirates vs. Rockies Game Info
- Pittsburgh Pirates probably starting pitcher: Zach Thompson
- Colorado Rockies probably starting pitcher: Ryan Feltner
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 25, 2022
- Game Time: 12:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Pittsburgh Pirates vs Colorado Rockies Pitching MatchupThompsonFeltner7GS02-4W-L0-04.88ERA–31.1IP014BB024SO0Pirates Starter Zach Thompson
- Thompson (2-4) takes the mound for the Pirates in his 8th begin of the season. He’s put together a 4.88 ERA in 31 1/three innings pitched, with 24 strikeouts.
- In his most latest day out on Friday, the righty threw 5 innings against the St. Louis Cardinals, allowing one earned run while surrendering five hits.
- The 28-yr-vintage has an ERA of 4.88, with 6.9 strikeouts in step with 9 innings, in 8 games this season. Opponents are hitting .254 in opposition to him.
- Thompson is seeking to document his 2d satisfactory begin of the year.
- Thompson will appearance to ultimate five or greater innings for his fourth instantly begin. He’s averaging 3.three frames per trip.
- He will in shape up with a Rockies offense that ranks second in MLB with 371 general hits (on a .260 batting average). The squad additionally slugs a collective .401 (eighth in MLB) with forty total home runs (seventeenth in MLB).
Rockies Starter Ryan Feltner
- Feltner gets the nod for the Rockies and will make his first start of the season.
- The 25-12 months-vintage right-hander will make his season debut.
- The Pirates rank 29th in MLB with 136 runs scored this season. They have a .223 batting common this marketing campaign with 32 home runs (twenty fifth within the league).
Pirates Betting Picks & Insights
- The Pirates have won five of the 9 video games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Pittsburgh has entered 5 games this season desired by using -a hundred thirty or more and is 4-1 in the ones contests.
- The implied probability of a win from the Pirates, based totally on the moneyline, is 56.five%.
- Games related to Pittsburgh have gone over the overall set through sportsbooks in sixteen of forty two chances this season.
- The Pirates are 19-23-zero against the unfold of their 42 possibilities this season.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have received in 12, or 41.4%, of the 29 contests they had been named as odds-on underdogs in this 12 months.
- Colorado has a win-loss file of eight-14 whilst desired by using +112 or worse with the aid of bookmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rockies have a forty seven.2% hazard of strolling away with the win.
- Contests with Colorado have long past over the whole set by using sportsbooks in 22 of forty two possibilities this season.
- In 42 games with a line this season, the Rockies have a mark of 20-22-0 in opposition to the spread.
Pirates Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ke’Bryan Hayes’ .282 common leads the Pirates this 12 months. His resume additionally consists of zero homers and driven in 11 RBI.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Hayes is 325th in homers and 189th in RBI.
- Ben Gamel has totaled 15 runs batted in to tempo his team.
- Including all important league hitters, Gamel ranks 143rd in domestic runs and 128th in RBI.
- Bryan Reynolds has a team-high five homers.
- Michael Chavis has placed up 15 runs batted in to steer his crew.
- Chavis is driving a seven-recreation hitting streak into this one. In his closing nine games he’s hitting .353 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
NameGPBAOBPSLGHRRBIHKe’Bryan Hayes39.282.372.35901140Ben Gamel42.262.351.40031534Bryan Reynolds39.215.311.3615931Michael Chavis35.296.319.49141532Yoshitomo Tsutsugo35.177.281.25721520Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron paces the Rockies with eleven domestic runs and 32 runs batted in, while posting a crew-high-quality batting common of .311.
- Among all batters within the big leagues, Cron ranks 5th in home runs and seventh in RBI.
- Connor Joe has six doubles, triples, four domestic runs and 20 walks whilst hitting .284.
- Joe ranks 88th common in homers and 172nd in RBI this 12 months.
- Charlie Blackmon is hitting .218 with seven doubles, six home runs and 11 walks.
- Ryan McMahon has eight doubles, a triple, four home runs and 17 walks even as batting .253.
NameGPBAOBPSLGHRRBIHC.J. Cron42.311.356.585113251Connor Joe39.284.369.42641244Charlie Blackmon36.218.279.39461731Ryan McMahon41.253.341.40042238José Iglesias34.311.369.38701237Betting Tips for Pirates vs. Rockies
After looking at all of the key information and trends for this matchup, our exceptional guess is the Rockies at the moneyline at +112. Our laptop prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.five runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to begin operating with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price